Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

odysseus revenge

I then took my bow in my hand. I drew my fist of cruel head of an arrow for Antinous just as he leaned to lift his drinking cup. My arrow hit him under the chin and punched up to the feathers through his throat. He fell to the ground. The suitors jostled in an uproar down the hall. The suitors went to get weapons and shields, but there wasn’t any. Me and my son hid them all. I finally came out and let the people know that me, the begger, was really Odysseus. Eurymachus then said,” Antinous is dead now. Spare your own people. As for ourselves, we’ll make restitution of wine and meat consumed, and add, each one, a tithe of twenty oxen with gifts of bronze and gold to warm your heart. Meanwhile we cannot blame you for your anger.” I didn’t want that to happen. I was going to kill until the score is paid. I told them to fight your way out, or run for it if they think they can escape from death. I was going to kill them all. Me, Telemachus, Eumaeus, Athena, and other faithful herdsman killed all the suitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment